The following are a few suggestions which can be inculcated in a classroom or referred by learners for conflict dilution
Ignore it. (It takes more courage to walk away than to stay and fight.
- Do something else (find another game or activity).
- Leave long enough for a cooling-off period, then follow-up with the next steps.
Talk it over respectfully
- Tell the other person how you feel. Let him or her know you don’t like what is happening.
- Listen to what the other person says about how he or she feels and what he or she doesn’t like.
- Share what you think you did to contribute to the problem.
- Tell the other person what you are willing to do differently.
Agree on a mutual solution
- Work out a plan to coordinate for future instances
Ask for help if it does not look like workable
- Put it on the class meeting agenda (this can also be taken up as a first solution rather than a last resort)
- Talk it over with a parent or a teacher personally
All icons are sourced from flaticon.com